The Hopps Partnership

The Hopps Partnership is an RICS registered practice of Party Wall and Building Surveyors in London. RICS

Want more information? Download our service brochure here

The Hopps Partnership
Second Floor, 34 - 40 High Street
Wanstead, London E11 2RJ

The Hopps Partnership
70 Cowcross Street
London EC1M 6EJ

The Hopps Partnership Newbury
Oxford House, Oxford Street
Newbury RG14 1JB

020 8502 6323

Thank you for your message, we will be in touch shortly!


The Hopps Partnership – Party Wall and Building Surveyors

The Hopps Partnership is an experienced team of London-based surveyors, all experts in the Party Wall Act. We provide a full range of party wall surveying services in and around London, and our team of professionals will guide you through the process of party walls and neighbourly matters from start to finish. We are able to provide the full range of Building Surveys for pre-purchase reporting including Condition Reports, HomeBuyers Surveys and Building Surveys.

How We Can Help

If you are planning to carry out work on your property, you may need to serve your adjoining neighbours a notice. That’s where our experienced team of party wall surveyors comes in. We will ensure friendly and effective communication between you and your neighbours, which keeps all sides happy.

If you have received a notice from a neighbour and need a surveyor to act on your behalf, our specialist team will work hard to prevent and resolve party wall disputes fairly and reasonably. If you and your neighbour have both appointed a party wall surveyor, they will both agree upon and select a third surveyor from the start. We can be called upon to help resolve any disputes between surveyors, step in if one of them can’t fulfil their duties and assist any party during the process should the need arise.

If you are planning to buy a property we are able to provide the full range of RICS Home Surveys which will allow you to make an informed decision about your potential purchase.

What is the Party Wall Act?

The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 is an act of parliament which requires anyone proposing works to their property to formally notify the owners of the neighbouring property before commencement and give them the opportunity to have the works reviewed by a party wall surveyor.

The act provides a framework for dealing with three different types of building work:

  1. Work being carried out to an existing shared (or party) wall structure
  2. Building new structures across the boundary of two or more properties
  3. Excavating near to neighbouring properties

Once a legal notice has been served upon your neighbours, they have the option to consent to the works or have a party wall surveyor represent them. Both sides can agree on a single surveyor or appoint a surveyor individually. In the case of each side appointing a surveyor, the two will work together to come to an agreement. In either situation, The Hopps Partnership is equipped with the knowledge to move you through the process smoothly. Contact us today and speak to an expert party wall surveyor. If you want to know more about the process, read our information on the Party Wall Act.

The Hopps Partnership